10.11.2010

Shiseido Sun Protection Compact Foundation SPF 34 PA+++ Review


I have been really into sunscreen lately and taking preventative measures against the harmful rays of the sun. UVB and UVA rays are very harmful to the skin and not only burn the skin but also cause premature wrinkling and fine lines. To read more about sunscreen and the effects of UVA/UVB rays visit:
http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/how_choose.htm

http://www.aad.org/media/background/factsheets/fact_sunscreen.htm

I used to always wach my mother apply powder foundation and swore I would never take that route however, to my surprise the Shiseido Compact Foundation looked really really nice on my skin. I have become a believer and I never feel like it looks caky or flaky. The plus side that really gets me is the fact that this compact foundation seems to keep my oil at bay. I have combination to oily skin and am always looking for good matte foundations, and not only does the result of this foundation look matte, but it also keeps it matte for a while. I normally don't have to touch up for a couple hours before I see any shine or oil build up on my face.

Another plus for this foundation is that the coverage level is good with a natural finish. It evens out the skintone and does a good job of covering redness and slight dark spots. Concealer is still needed for severe discoloration, however the foundation does a good job of muting out some of the color. The way I apply is usually with the sponge that it comes with and I just pat it on rather than swiping it across my face. Sometimes I use a big kabuki brush for better coverage. And the foundatoin is buildable all the while still looking very natural.
Last, but certainly not least, the SPF in the foundation is the best part of all. I'm normally rushing out the door to get to class and I don't have time to put on sunscreen and foundation separately, which makes this all-in-one foundation handy. I can just pat on this foundation and go right out the door and know that I'm still protected from the harmful rays of the sun. This is also nice to carry around and touch up with instead of lathering on sunscreen lotion over your makeup throughout the day. Sunscreen should be reapplied throughtout the day for best protection and I found this powder foundation works best. This is definitely going to be a repurchase for me.

-Lina

A Youtube makeup guru talks a little about this compact foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment