10.13.2010

NARS El Dorado Cream Eyeshadow

I am obsessed with anything and everything gold and shimmery so when I saw El Dorado I thought I was in heaven. I swatched the color and found it to be very pigmented with great color payoff. I wasn't surprised though because it is a cream shadow and I find that cream shadows tend to be very pigmented, especially when applied with the finger. The packaging was just like any other NARS eyeshadow so I didn't realize it was a cream eyeshadow until I felt the texture of it. It comes with 0.1 oz. which may not seem like a lot but because it is so pigmented, you really don't use much for every time you appy it.

I normally apply this cream shadow with my finger because I find that the heat from my fingers warms the product up which helps blend it on my eyelid better. Be careful not to tug on your eyelid when applying the shadow because that could cause fine lines and wrinkles. I always use my ring finger because that applies the least amount of pressure on your eyelids which causes less tugging. This cream shadow is a nice base for other eyeshadows because the eyeshadow sticks the cream shadow nicely and evenly. I also found the cream shadow to be a nice color for the inner tear duct of the eye because it is so vibrant and bright.

This color really brightens up the eyes and looks wonderful in the sun, however it does not look flattering alone on the eyelid. Unless it is applied very sheer, this cream shadow can wash out the eyelids and make them look very naked and bare. I recommend neutral and warm colors such as brown or beige to blend around with this cream shadow.

Overall, this is a beautiful color with great color payoff and will be a repurchase for me.

-Lina

1 comment:

  1. i really like this post and really enjoy your blog! I shop at Sephora all the time and seeing what you have tried out and what you recommend is really helpful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete