10.11.2010

Sephora Brand "Tricks of the Trade" Anti-Shine Primer Review

For all my oily-skinned ladies out there, our prayers have been answered.
I am all for things that make my face appear matte, so when I came across Sephora's Anti-Shine Primer I was thrilled at the results.

Normally I start with my face lotion after I've washed it and then I go over it with sunscreen. On a normal day, I would just put on foundation and run out of the door however, I found myself constantly wiping off excess sebum from my face throughout the day. That is why I now apply Sephora's Anti-Shine Primer over my sunscreen before my foundation. Not only does this primer keep your face matte for hours, it also hold your foundation in place so it doesn't melt off or rub off on clothes easily. I found this primer dries rather quickly so you have to be quick when applying it. This is my holy grail for primers and I will be repurchasing this product once I'm through with it. I also have very sensitive skin. This makes me very hesitant when purchasing new face products, however, I am happy to report that this primer does not break me out.

The downside to this product is that it doesn't last all day. It will last for a good couple hours depending on the level of your facial sebum production, however I found that at the end of the day I will see some shininess. It also has a strong fragrance that some people may not like. This product does contain alcohol as one of its ingredients and can be very drying for combination skin.


Overall, I like this product enough to repurchase and it will be a part of my daily skin regimen! :)




-Lina

A Youtube makeup guru compares this anti-shine primer with another sephora oil-controlling product and gives a detailed review of the product.

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know it is now on sale! For a bargainous price :)

    http://www.sephora.com/tricks-of-the-trade-anti-shine-primer-P216620

    ReplyDelete