10.12.2010

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++


Shiseido has been my holy grail for sun protection and this sunscreen lotion delivers. The Shiseido website recommends this lotion to be applied 30 minutes before sun exposure and gives othergreat sun safety tips.

This sunscreen has a very high SPF of 55 but also has PA +++ which protects against premature wrinkling and fine lines. Although the high SPF is great and the sun protection is a great plus, what I love most about this product is it's non-greasy feeling. I love that it is non-sticky, non-greasy, and not thick. A little bit goes a long way and although the product comes in a small bottle, I've had mine all summer and I'm still using it with a lot more to go. It applies so smoothly and soaks in right away. It does not leave a shiny finish and rather leaves your face feeling matte and the texture, more even.

I use this sunscreen as a primer for my foundation because it keeps my oil at bay and keeps my foundation in place. After I've washed and moisturized my face I will apply this sunscreen lotion and then put on all my makeup. It doesn't cake up at all and feels very light weight on my face. I have really sensitive skin and have tried multiple sunscreens that broke me out, however this sunscreen is not only effective, but also gentle on the skin. It is formulated with Rose Apple Leaf Extract which prevents in vitro and creates a antioxidant effect. The fragrance from the sunscreen could also be from the Rose Apple Leaf Extract, however it quite nice. The fragrance is slight and very elegant. I like it smells more mature rather than sweet and fruity.

Overall, this product leaves an amazing finish, delivers well and I will be repurchasing this product again.

For those who dont like the feel and texture of sunscreen on their skin I have a review on a powder foundation that has SPF in it.

-Lina

1 comment:

  1. Great recommendation! I like the Shiseido products too! Have you ever used their facial wash? I think it is one of the best facial products!

    ReplyDelete